This guide is intended to help trainers plan to present the training package.
About 1 - 1.5 hours
Venue has to fit all participants either:
- sitting on a table with their own laptops and access to electricity
- in a lab where each participant can use their own computer
Operating systems supported in the course:
- Mac OSX
Trainers and Capacity
It is suggested that not more than 20 people participate.
For less than 5 participants, one trainer should be sufficient.
For any additional 5-7 participants, one additional trainer should attend. Otherwise, the time taken to help participants with the exercises will drag out the length of this course and leave the quicker people bored while waiting for the others to catch up.
- Course materials (slides)
- Online documentation accessible from the lab
- All participants must have access to the NeCTAR cloud via AAF
- Participants should
- have already logged onto the Dashboard once to activate their Trial Account
- be familiar will all terminology and steps involved in launching an instance and setting up NeCTAR storage
- have already set up an instance and can connect to it via ssh
- have set up one secondary ephemeral disk and mounted it on the instance; ideally, they have done the same with one Volume.
- have this instance and storage ready to go. They will create Snapshots of this instance and backups of the volume, and then delete this instance and volume — so if they are concerned, they should set up an instance and volume exclusively for this tutorial which they can delete without being concerned.
- Windows users will need access to the Windows command line (possibly has to be enabled by IT department, if course is held in a lab)