This guide is intended to help trainers plan to present the training package.
About 1-2 hours
Venue has to fit all participants either:
- sitting on a table with their own laptops and access to electricity
- in a lab where each participant can use their own computer
Operating systems supported in the course:
- Mac OSX
Trainers and Capacity
It is suggested that not more than 20 people participate.
For less than 5 participants, one trainer should be sufficient.
For any additional 5-7 participants, one additional trainer should attend. Otherwise, the time taken to help participants with the exercises will drag out the length of this course and leave the quicker people bored while waiting for the others to catch up.
- Course materials (slides)
- Online documentation accessible from the lab
- All participants must have access to the NeCTAR cloud via AAF
- This course is suitable for advanced users who have experience with the research cloud, or have attended Modules 7-9. They should know the tasks involved in launching, configuring and managing instances, volumes, backups, snapshots etc. However they don’t need to know how to use command line tools — it is sufficient if they have done everything via the Dashboard before.